Re:Kinds of Concrete?

John, Mike here in Malaysia,
This is getting a little bit deeper out of the discussion, but I
thought a while back (last year, actually) that if you mixed natural
rubber with the water used to mix the concrete with, it might
effectively waterproof the cement without having to treat the surface
chemically. If everyone is interested, one of us could test my theory,
and then we start a separate company to market the process in our
respective countries. Any comments from the group, or you ,John?

---John Brownlee <jonnie@chronic.lpl.arizona.edu> wrote:

> 	This is an interesting idea for sure. The concrete used in this
> application is not exactly stock; I remember something about the
addition
> of microspheres to decrease the density. Also, the
permeability/porosity