RE: Ballast Bladders

Marcel,
A suggestion.  Instead of meticulously trying to get rid of all the air in
the bladder when packing it (like a parachute), try submerging it in water
and getting rid of the bubbles while packing.  This would leave a little
water in it to keep the surfaces from sticking together when compressed and
to take up those small spaces which would otherwise be compressible pockets
of air.  The water will neither add to or subtract from your overall
bouyancy.
Dick Morrisson