Coustea Diving Saucer

The National Geographic Explorer's Hall has the Diving Saucer on Display.  This sub has
some very interesting systems such as the mercury trim forced by oil and a hydraulic
control system through the hull, as well as the famous water jet propulsion.

Has anyone visited this display?

I have written to see if it is possible to take a closer look at the sub than from
behind glass or a thick rope, and if it's possible to get permission for a closer
examination I'll let you know.  Perhaps we could do an IRL.   (in real life)    :)

--
Martin Sanderse