Re: Regulating air supply

The address for Miller is,

Miller fluid power
800 N. York Road
Bensenville,IL 60106
Phone (630)766-3400

The sensor only needs a compressed air supply, no electricity. It has three ports, input pressure, output
signal, and the sensing tube. Their catalog doesn’t say what the max. input pressure is, you would have to
talk to Miller about that. Another question, would the increased ambient pressure effect this device?

Air piloted valves are used in industry for various reasons. Where I work, we use them in a area that has a
lot of water, so no one gets electrocuted. Miller sells these valves, another company  would be Norgren.
www.norgren.com

The valve could run off the first stage of a scuba system provided it is rated for the pressure. Miller has
valves rated at 150 psi, and Norgren has valves rated at 20 bar (290 psi, if I did my math right).

The valve would have to be sized for the max. fill rate into the cabin. It also has to be operated at the
pressure of the output signal from the sensor.

It probably  would be a good idea to have a manually operated valve in line to disable this system, and a
manually operated valve to add air in case of a malfunction in either the sensor or the piloted valve.

P.S. The catalog I am looking at is ten years old. I hope they still have this product.

Dale