Re: Glass, or to glass

For my wet Sub, I used polycarbonate which should be a lot stronger than the
acrylic. I think one of the reasons plastic is used instead of the much
stronger glass is that the plastic gives a little and redistributes any
stresses. Glass does not so it is subject to stress risers and premature
sudden failure and your removal from the gene pool. I would not use glass.

I read some reports on testing of the acrylic windows and the failures shown
in the photos show what looks like flowing of the plastic just before failure.
I wonder why more work is not done on polycarbonate, cost??

Ken Martindale