Submarine Ballast Tanks {revisited}

        For what it's worth, I just watched part of a show on TLC (The
Learning Channel}
called NUCLEAR SUB: SEAWOLF.  I say "part" because I forgot to start the VCR
when the show came on.   [Oh pooh.]  This show mainly profiled the new USN
submarine
"Seawolf".

        Anyway, they mentioned something I asked here some time back.  They
showed
that earlier subs used ballast tanks that ran along the sides of the hull.
Now however,
subs use tanks at the front and rear (or thereabouts), which allows for
faster diving
and/or surfacing.

        This show was telecast last night, Thursday June 25th, at 22:00
Eastern Time.