Re: vindicator power

Well, if my sub is turning 1000 RPMs with an inflow velocity of 3 MPH then
it should be producing something like 196 pounds.  However I do not have a
tach and I know the inflow velocity is much greater than 3 MPH.  So it is
probably less than that figure.  When a trolling motor says that it
produces X amount of thrust there is always the question; at what inflow
velocity.  This has a world to do with the thrust curve.  With lower pitch
props the thrust is higher at slow speeds and the thrust decreases
drastically as the speed reaches higher levels.  With high pitch props the
thrust is better at higher speeds.  I use an 8 inch prop pitch.  This
propeller was actually designed for sail boats that us it as aux power if
no wind is blowing.