Re: HP, weight and visability

>Unless it's a 1 atmosphere thing, why not just build the hull the shape you
>want and let those empty spaces fill with water then... at least you wouldn't
>have to haul the weight down the highway.  So we've come full circle on that
>discussion.

If water were the filler, it wouldn't be controlled. If the buoyant foam were used with lead inserts, that would be more controlled. By lead inserts I mean droppable ballast that may release on command. Why would one use droppable ballast on a flier sub? If the main hull flooded through an impact or something, you would still want the buoyancy to float to the surface. This is just a thought though. I don't know if the buoyancy would be needed if the cabin flooded (it may still be buoyant enough without it).

>Another question I have regarding the Vash or Deepwater Flight.  They are not
>1atm.  So when you zip from 10 ft to 40 ft and back to 10 ft again in almost
>no time, how do you deal with pressure equalization in the inner ear, and
>doesn't this violate the diving rules on safe ascent?

Good question.  I don't know.
Does Jon know the answer to this one?
I would think an inner pressure hull is the answer. 1ATM and a flier...

ttfn
Sean