Re: HP, weight and visability

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:23:55 -0600, "Sean Walinga"
<swalinga@telusplanet.net> wrote:

> What I have made complicated is my descriptions of what I want to do. I was also under the impression that in order to be certified, a sub must have an inner hull that wasn't made of fiberglass. Am I wrong?

Sean,

I think you're laboring under a suggestion I made to you out of context.
When I mentioned that fact, in was in the context of the VASH, which has
and outer and an inner shell. Either one (outer or inner) could be metal,
but since the outer one was formed so much, it would be impractical to make
it from steel. Thus the inner shell had to be metal to be certified.

In general, you don't need two shells, unless the outer one is fiberglass
or some other composite material.

I hope this clears things up a bit...

Later,
Jon