Re: HP, weight and visability

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998 10:19:29 -0600, "Sean Walinga"
<swalinga@telusplanet.net> wrote:

>     I'm unfamiliar with the Vector 2XG. If, for example, a sub were spiraling (barrel rolling) on a 45 degree angle towards the surface, how would the device react? I guess if it handles pitch and role, it should have no problem with this right?

No, that one cannot handle that. It can handle pitch and roll only up to 15
degrees or so. If you need that capability, you need to get their more
expensive model, which measures heading, and pitch and roll up to 80
degrees.

They have more detailed information on the web page.
http://www.precisionnav.com.

If you need full freedom of motion (i.e., to pitch or roll more that 80
degrees), you need a gyroscope. One source I have found for those is the
Micro Gyro (http://www.gyration.com).

Later,
Jon

   Jon Hylands      Jon@huv.com      http://www.huv.com/jon