Re: Center of gravity

Hi, All
I have a question and maybe someone can help me with this. How far
should your center of gravity be below you center bouancy, to have a
stable submerged submarine? and what is the minimum distance
acceptable between the two.
Thanks
Marcel Michaud
Alberta Canada

Hi Marcel,
The further apart, the better. You may get away with putting them closer together but
you'll get tossed around in the waves. This would also make it very difficult to
enter the sub from a boat. This is also a point for the group; without the droppable
lead ballast (in emergency cases) connected to the bottom, how stable will it be on
the surface?

ttfn
Sean