Motor Seals

Hello Alan,

I bought the Minnkota motor without a shaft. The wires( 4 #10AWG) then came
out of the location where the shaft (the support shaft not the propeller
shaft) screwed into the motor housing. I machined a hose barb which screwed
into the threaded shaft opening to the motor. The wires now come out of the
motor through the hose barb and into my battery box also fitted with a hose
barb. I used 1 inch ID vinyl tubing all the way from the motor to the battery
box. This allows pressure compensation of the motor and the battery box. The
motor electronics and control panel are done in a similar fashion. I hope this
is clear, but if not I can expand on it. It is like having two boxes connected
together with hose and hose fittings and the wires go through the hose. It's
crude but simple and it works. The cost is also low.

Bear in mind I have a wet sub which is not completed and launched but I think
I have solved all the problems I know about. It, the sub, is complete except
for installation of floatation which I intend to finish this week or next
depending on doing my taxes.

Have fun,

Ken Martindale