Re: pressure hull penetration

Sean,

On my sub the wiring is placed in ordinary hose with hose barbs at either end.
Bear in mind that I have only one linked pressure compensated air space. I use
clear vinyl hose so I see any water. My on/off controls use a reed switch with
an external magnet with no holes in the housing. My speed control uses a O-
ring sealed rotary gland.

I've been told the seal in an ordinary water pump is a ceramic seal and lasts
a very long time without leakage.

Don't forget my sub is a wet sub.

Ken Martindale

PS If these problems are your biggest, you are lucky and clever! Have fun.