Re: Drop Weights

Marsee Skidmore wrote:

> Fellow Boaters,
>
> In all this discussion of ballast tankage, I haven't seen much mention of
> Drop Weights. Is anybody using any form of expendable ballast?

Hi, fellow submariners - Dropping ballast has been a favourite of mine ever since I bailed out of an
80 foot dive in my dry suit.  I was lucky and experienced no adverse affects.  However, I believe that
slow and gradual release of weight is much safer than dropping everything at once.  Shot is good.
Just make sure weight can be released at whatever angles of attack or extreme angles of roll your sub
may be capable of.

Rick Lucertini
Vancouver, Canada