Re: New Member, Tom Clancy, and AIP

Mike here,
The answer to your question is:
Forward,between the sonar dome and the "inhabited"
section,Aft,after the engine room but before the propeller. The prop
shaft goes thru the aft MBT
Besides that,for everybody else, they put giant cylinders of
compressed air inside the MBTs to compensate atmo press. inside the sub
Also, as far as I know, O2 scrubbers are "rejuvenated"
by baking the chemicals, as their performance is reduced as moisture
enters the chemicals, so baking them would re-enhance function (But
check with a local university chem lab,OK?)
As far as acrylic domes and fastening them together,
I would think using a waterproof seal + a glue used for acrylic
(preferably waterproof as well) + bolting on a flange would do the trick

Have fun!
Mike