Re: Ambient-Dry (was:Pressure regulation)

Hi,

> Do you have, or do you know a clever way to figure, how much the water
> level inside will rise as that 'glass' submerges? I mean, the air pressure
> is rising to match the outside (water) pressure because the air is getting
> squished into a smaller area and the cabin is being invaded by water from
> underneath. I'm wondering how much extra space you're leaving down there so
>  feet don't start getting wet as you go deeper. Or will it not even
> rise that much, so that it isn't a concern? Or do you keep adding air to
> maintain the same volume while maintaining the same pressure? Or... what?

If you dont' add air to an ambient pressure design the the volume of air space
becomes:
		Depth		Volume
		Surface		100%
		32 feet		50%
		64 feet		33%
		96 feet		25%
		128 feet	20%

> What sorts of depths and times are those? I'm not asking so I can fake my
> way around study or training, scuba certification, etc. -- but so's I'll
> know what range that is so I can make sure I'm avoiding it altogether.

Consult a dive table. Just about any book on scuba diving has a sameple table
and directions on how to use it.

Regards,
Ray