trailers

I moved the milk tank to the other side of the yard yesterday. I have
accumulated more heavy chunks of iron from my sister's house. Progress
continues, slowly.

Yesterdyay I looked at a trailer the gas company uses to haul big propane
tanks. It says on it that it can carry 8000 pounds. Looked at from the top,
it would look like a big curvy "Y" made of 6" diameter tubing, with the
hitch at the leg and a wheel in the middle of each branch - no axle
in-between (that's where the submarine pulls in!). Then there's a big arch
connecting the two sides, attached directly over the wheels, with a fancy
hydraulic lifter at the top. Then there's a cross-piece which gets pinned
on (brace? just support, I think) once the tank is up high enough. Seemed
to have no springs or other suspensiony things. Which would massively
simplify construction, if I'm to make something like this out of my trailer
house frame - especially as I probably only need it to hold around 2000
lbs.

 - David
<Buchner@mega-com.com>