Introduction...

I just joined this group and wanted to say hi and give some background
about
myself.  I'm currently working on completing a 2-man sub constructed of
fiberglass (FRP) that was designed by Thomas Taylor of Arlington, TX.  The
design, according to Taylor, has an operating depth of 600 ft with a 1200
ft
crush depth.  Taylor had a lot of experience in 1 and 2 man wet sub
designs,
but this was his first attempt at a 1 atm design.  I am not sure if he
ever
had a fully functional 1 atm sub or not before he went out of business.
My
sub was not completed, in that the hull is complete and drive motors were
mounted, but there is no interior such as seats or instruments or ballast
tank
plumbing.

The only other sub of this design that I have seen belongs to SeaWorld
and was
used as a display in one of their exhibits.  I just returned from a trip
there where I throughly went over the sub and doccumented it.  It appears
this
sub was never function and was built "for display only" since all the
instruments were dummy, and there were no pressure hull penetrations for
ballast
tank controls.

Anyway, this is where I'm at, and would be more than willing to discuss my
future plans, design, etc with anyone.  BTW, I have a jpeg of the sub I
can
send to anyone who wants to see what it looks like.

P.S. Are there any archives of this list so I could catch up on what I've
     missed out on up to now???

--
Al Secor  SSI/PDIC Scuba Instructor     email: subman@clarityconnect.com
or