[PSUBS-MAILIST] ptfe V Thread Sealant

Hi All,

I'm busy working on my high pressure pipe work.

Reading the parker installation guide for all the pipe work, its pretty clear as to how to fit the A-Lok fittings i'm using.  BUT, at one point it says to seal BSPT Tapered threads using PTFE tape and then a different guide (also by Parker) says to use Loctite 567 thread sealant.

This is for tapered threads that are making the pressure seal thread to thread.  I was always under the impression that an anaerobic synthetic resin (as in loctite 567) should be used and not ptfe?

(note that most of the joints for the system are BSPP or tube unions, these BSPT ones are just to connect the hull stop valves to the through hull pipe nipples)

Any suggesttions on PTFE or Loctite 567 for BSPT threads?

Many Thanks
James