Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Paint

Haha, ok thanks guys for the paint advice.
-Scott Waters

From: James Frankland <jamesf@guernseysubmarine.com>
Sender: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:04:49 +0100
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
ReplyTo: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Paint

Hi Scott,

I agree with Greg.  Get it done pro if you can.  I had mine grit blasted professionally and the first coat sprayed on.  It was lovely, until I then painted the rest of the coats on by hand.  The finish is "meadiocre" at best and it was an UTTER CHORE to do.  The 2 part epoxy i used was really thick and difficult to apply.  Also it didnt go on very smooth so i had to do a load of sanding to get even a half decent finish with the top coats.  Took weeks.  By the time i'd done the first coat, i would have paid anything to get it profesionally done.  Oh, and i got paint all over the drive as well, despite rigging up blankets etc.  Paint in my hair, paint on the dog, paint in the girlfriends hair - she went bezerk.  Dog didnt care.

Kind Regards
James