Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] have rescue bottles

the drop weight weighs 1300 lbs and slides in between two I beams like a drawer. It is hooked to a hydraulic cylinder that pushes the drop tray to slots cut in the I beam and then falls out the bottom. The cylinder is  pressurized from those bottles.
 The ballast tanks are blown from 8 bottles connected together and valved from inside the sub.
You are correct about dive shops not  filling them. Thats why I got them free. After 15 years the aluminum bottles are non-refillable. I made my own air compressor out of hydraulic cylinders and check valves.

Sent from my iPad