From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of James Frankland
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 2:07 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Piping Advice

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice on the pipe work.  I think im going to make it more or less the same as the plans except put a manifold in place so i can pipe in 2 scuba tanks instead of 1.  I'll probably do some sort of linkage like Dan as well for that vbt valve which is in an awkward place, even for me.

Just one more question.  Is the system connected to the high pressure side of the 1st stage or one of the low pressure ports?  I remember reading this was a problem for one of Kittrege's clients who was unable to blow ballast at depth as the 1st stage could not produce enough pressure to overcome the water pressue on the check valve outside.  So i assume its the high pressure port to use.

I like Alecs idea of using the needle valves and pipe directly to the tanks with the contents gauges in line.  Does this work ok alec?  Do you use a scuba first stage or connect direct to the tank somehow?

Kind regrards
James