From: "vbra676539@aol.com" <vbra676539@aol.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 8:24 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Snoopy updates

For production work, Swagelok sells a pre-swage tool in various sizes. It is hard steel, much harder than stainless, which clamps into a vise on your bench. Lots easier (mostly) than fighting two wrenches or (god-forbid) a wrench and a crescent wrench. You do the same 1 1/4 turns, but having it steady in the vise makes life a lot easier. Using the pre-swage tool means all the torque goes to making your seal and is not inadvertently distributed onto other components as the system is built. Make it up outside, break it loose and when everything is ready, just go put the bits together. Works great, lasts forever, and well worth the additional outlay of cash.
Vance
PS: Swagelok sells their own bender. Very good ones.