From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: Friday, 7 October 2011 8:26 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] I got my first spam email today

I set up my email so that I have a bunch of different addresses which all go
to the same place. For over two years I haven't gotten a single spam email.

I used this address (spm2@...) for the psubs.org and minisubs yahoo! groups
and I haven't used it for anything else. Today I got a message saying that
someone died who has a Hong Kong bank account with 25 millions dollars in it
and I must help get the money out.

I wonder how my email address made it to the spam people. Did a virus on
somebody's computer who uses the mailing lists leak it out? Or did Yahoo!
itself sell the address? My sister has a Yahoo! Mail account which already
gets some spam and she hasn't used her email as much as I have.

It's just interesting to think about how the email addresses make it to the
spammers.

Alex
--
Mailed on 06-Oct-2011.