[PSUBS-MAILIST] Ambient Death Trap

After Carsten's posts on his submarine escape practice it occurred to me that
it would be very difficult to escape from an ambient submarine.
>>>  First you have 30 Liters air in the dome create a lot of lift. And if you flood the boat you have a overpressure in the sub (distance of the compressed air  from the inside water level to the hatch seal) which create also a hell of lift to the dome latches - about a quader of a ton..
At the end you can not open the dome.

Rule : ALWAYS unlock the dome you want to exit before you flood the sub..

In an Ambient sub the pressure inside is the same as the water pressure outside at a certain point in the water column.
So if you set your ambient equalization system half way up your hull, everything above that point would see internal pressure.
To visualize the pressure, imagine suspending your submarine upside down & filling it half way with water. That water pressure
on the hatch would be the same as the air pressure on the hatch in an ambient sub.
There is no opportunity to unlock the dome before you flood the sub as in a 1atm.
Maybe a screw down type hatch closure would work. Perhaps an outlet valve at the top of the hull to release the pressure to the
dome level, to reduce a bit of pressure on the hatch.
Any thoughts, comments?
Regards Alan