Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Test

Good spirited captain, I'd say.  Thanks for the link.

Here's some updates on my activities...

1) Sent my analox gas monitor to Alec Smyth who is waiting for the hot weather to subside so he can perform a field test with it. By the way, the alarms on that thing are LOUD! I started making an "unboxing" and "how-to" video on the analox monitor but production is taking longer than I thought.

2) Made some mods to the web-forum to hopefully make it easier to read. There are definitely some advantages to the web-based forum over the email forum and I encourage people to participate there as well. Many newbies there and lots of wild ideas floating around occasionally that need some grounding.

3) Trying to put the finishing touches on my hull penetration calculators. The opening reinforcement calculator is complete and available, the seat dimension calculator for flat viewports is complete, but I'm still waiting for definitive information on how to calculate the seat dimensions for a hemisphere (or segment). The goal is to create a basic step-by-step "how-to" guide for sub design. While there are plenty of informational "pieces" all throughout the web site, it would be nice to have a guide that brings them all together...sort of a "start here" document. Anyone who is interested in helping, let me know.

4) Already starting the initial planning of our 2012 convention so folks have plenty of time to make attendance arrangements.

Jon