Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Humidity control

Hey Stew,

I've always thought of silica gel desiccant as applicable for small, tight packages, but not really effective for something the size of a small submersible.  However I might be way off base on that.  The cost is somewhat less than expected, so it's definitely worth a try.  Since the environment in a sub in warm weather can be very humid, it might require a lot more SG than the charts indicate.  At the least it could be a good measure to take when the sub is stored in the garage with the hatch locked down of course.

From what Sean has shared today, it sounds like putting a desiccant inline before the scrubber could make the air too dry for optimum operation of the scrubber.  However if the air in the sub feels like a steam bath, you might want to find a way to remove some of the moisture before it enters the scrubber.

Thanks for the links.  Think I'll try some when the time comes.

Jim