From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of James Frankland
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 9:49 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Main Tanks Question

Hi All.

Im finally at the stage where i am starting on my main tanks.  Ive decided just to stick with the ordinary ones shown on the plans, but i'd like to jazz them up a bit like Dan H has done as i think they look a lot better.

Question is:  For those of you who have "modified" K350 main tanks, did you make the framework as per the plans and adjust the tanks to fit, or make the tanks first, and modify the framework to fit the new shape.  I suspect the latter.  I was hoping to be able to get the metalwork complete and then get the sub painted.  If i have to make the tanks first, it will mean more time unpainted.  Anyway, any thoughts suggestions always welcome.

Many thanks
James