RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank Dalgleish

:( I hope Git Kraken goes to a good home.... hopefully someone within the
psubs community who can realize Franks goals/dreams...
Ive read many of Franks messages, and I think ive spoken to him on more than
one occasion..  I realy like this quote from the news article Jon found
earlier!

"It's a very expensive hobby. It's not like model trains," he said.
But Mr. Dalgleish says this is more than a hobby - he wants to use it as a
tool to encourage children to become involved with marine-based activities.
"When I was a kid, I always remembered the teachers that inspired me," he
said.
He said one of his desires with the submarine is to produce videos for
educational purposes. He is also interested in setting up an interlink with
the submarine for videoconferencing so school classes can observe the
submarine while it is in the water.
Mr. Dalgleish hopes by sharing his submarine with children, it can help lead
a future generation to marine-based jobs.
"These aren't burger flipping jobs," he said. "We need skilled workers."

Regards and Condolences, RIP Frank... you will be missed.

A Submariner's Prayer (Australian Defence forces)
'O Father hear our prayer to Thee. From a humble crew beneath Thy sea In
deepest oceans as oft we stray. So far removed from night and day
We ask Thy guiding light to glow. To make our journey safe, below. May ours
be clarity of mind, and Let the darkness not us blind
Give us strength when we go deep. Charge our batteries when we sleep. From
homes and loved ones far away. We beg Thy gentle care each day.
Pray we Thy guiding hand to show. Course, speed, and depth that we should
go. Until we surface once again. To breathe Thine air and feel Thy rain.
On each occasion, Lord, we dive. May we later on the roof arrive. Till a
final ballast blow is due. When let us, watches Red, White and Blue, join
the saints in Thy spare crew.

If Heaven has an ocean... God would be asking Frank to build him a sub right
now :)

Stew