Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank Dalgleish

I really enjoyed hearing Frank's approach to design and his progress on Git Kraken.  He contributed a lot of interesting messages and ideas on this forum, and it's very sad that he's gone (not to mention that he was so young too).

Paul

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Smyth, Alec <Alec.Smyth@compuware.com> wrote:
I suspect the radio silence we're seeing reflects great sadness rather than the slightest indifference. What can one say under the circumstances, especially through the rather impersonal medium of email? Well, at the very least, I'd like to mention that Git Kraken always struck me as the most original boat I've seen here. Besides the original configuration, she also has a sort of Jules Verne aesthetic that I found very refreshing. Git Kraken is the only PSUB that would look great with a mahogany dash, brass hardware, and big gallomping rivets. Any boat that has been drawn from scratch over a period of thirty years is more a reflection of the creator's personality than anything else, so although I am sorry I only met Frank once at a convention, it's obvious to me we've lost one of our more interesting and appreciated members.

Alec

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Jon Wallace
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 11:08 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank Dalgleish

Forwarding a message from Frank's wife.  See below.

Hi Jon,

I'm very sad to say that Frank passed away on Monday.  The cancer progressed much quicker than we had anticipated and he passed away Monday morning with family by his side.   I wanted to let all the guys in the group know how much Frank valued their friendships and the sharing of ideas.   His submarine was such a large part of his life, his sketches started 30 years ago when I first met him, and the dream remained throughout his life.  He continued working on it until the very end, he so hoped to have the time to get her into the water and as his sickness progressed, working on her gave him great comfort.

Words can not express how thankful I am to the Psubs community, for their camaraderie, the knowledge they exchanged and most importantly the sharing of a dream.

Warm regards,
Shelly