Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2 person submersible design for feedback/review.

Hi Cliff,

thanks for taking the time and providing me with great feedback!

The operational depth isn't really a big driving factor for the design,
I kind of through out the 500feet number out there based on the greater
than 1000feet predicted crush depth.  I think 250feet is probably a better
number to as an operation depth for design purposes.  But still, even at
250feet, it's seems wise to do an FEA run now that you point out the
limitations of the existing/regular failure depth/pressure calculations.

Good point on the VBT size. I had consider that converting between
one person and two person mode would involve add 200lbs of static ballast.
I've also been considering moving the VBT to the outside, with two
separate tanks, one of each side of the hull to avoiding increasing the
draft/launch requirements.  This would allow the size to be increased
while leaving interior space intact.  Although two tanks increases the
complexity.

Something I probably should have include in the design doc, this is intended
to be an even keel vessel (at least in the given configuration), so that
fore/aft thrusters are no intended to change the pitch.  I like the
idea of using the deep worker style slightly angled vertical thrusters.

Cheers!
  Ian.