[PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 Concept

Hi Alan,

Yes, great news on the cyclone.  Apparently, one fatality but I am not sure if one could contribute that directly to the cyclone. A young man not knowing any better put a generator in his house to keep the power on during the cyclone and of course he was overcome by fume.  Now they put out a text message to everyone in affect areas not to use generators in confined spaces. Sad that such a thing can happen when so easy to avoid.

About the concept, yes a little complicated on first pass, however may have a simple solution.  I am working with a electronics engineer at the moment on a oil refinery project  involving using a IR interface device.  The concept is a mechanical master key to activate the system just prior to launch. a small peep hole seal from light to shine IR signals to a receiver and a controller box with onboard computer all housed in one of the wings.   The idea is to have only the pins to hold the centre pod in place and the IR interface to control the submarine systems.  Thus on release the circuit signal breaks and what ever your default setting response.  In the oil refinery with hydrocarbons we use similar systems to control electronics that are remotely located.  So the theory for water should be same.  No direct wiring, just a signal.  Will send more about our project here later.

Thanks for the comments, and input I really appreciate any support, and intend to share the data as the design progresses.

Cheers, Lawrie.