[PSUBS-MAILIST] Cyclone Yasi and the power of the ocean...

They just upgrade the cyclone warning to a Cat 5, ouch!
Apparently for every two days this monster runs wild it outputs enough energy to power the entire world for a year.
They have a text message emergency service you can subscribe too here.  The last few texts are full on.  The Australian army has been ferry out people all along the coast ahead of a 4 to 5 m storm surge which they reckon will come in very fast.
There was really odd story on the news,  the banks in inland towns have emptied out their cash to make their vaults available as children shelters.  I neve thought I would see the day when a bank would value human beings above cash lol.  I suppose these days there is no much cash in banks on account of all the plastic and electronic banking these days.
Cheers,  Lawrie
Weather report from Oz