Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] new development

Hey David,

Along those same lines, on the emergency buoy and line I've wanted to integrate an COM antenna, strobe, and radio beacon.  That could be part of the system you're describing.  Getting on the surface or near it greatly increases your range.  Just an idea to play with if you wish.  Might be right up your alley.

Jim T

In a message dated 1/27/2011 6:12:13 P.M. Central Standard Time, dbartsch2236@hotmail.com writes:

From: dbartsch2236@hotmail.com
To: lab@artematrix.org
Subject: new development
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:07:20 -0500

Jens and all:

  I am now working on yet another support system for submarines. This is how it will work...

  During the course of a dive at periodical intervals (every 20 minutes) a low volume alarm will activate to remind the sub diver to reset a timing circuit by simply pressing a small button. Should the operator become incapacitated such that this reset button cannot be pressed, a special circuit will have power applied to it causing it to transmit a 3 khz alternating tone into the water (on and off). This entire system is self contained and capable of operating fully submerged in 500 feet of water and will ping away automatically and for no less than 5 days or until this reset button is again pressed or power is removed.
  This system can also be deliberately turned on for surface support vessel submarine tracking purposes.

  I call this SDP circuit (Submarine Distress Pinger) and something similar should be found aboard most private submarines some time in the near future as part of standard safety equipment.

David Bartsch
=