Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] ignorant

David,

There's a number of ways you could handle this, the simplest being just not to discuss the topic with him.  You mentioned it as part of signing up for the course but I don't understand why you would be compelled to continue the discussion while taking the course.  He thinks it's illegal, you know it isn't.  Just leave it at that.  Given that he thinks owning a small submersible is illegal, I don't think you'll gain any good knowledge by trying to garner advice from him regarding SCUBA as it pertains to small submarines.  Take the course and if you have any questions with how it relates to submarines, ask here (or someone you know from here).

Jon