Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pre-dive Vacuum

Hi Dean,

Copied below is the part I didn't understand.  If you pump [it] up to 150 psi, that seemed to imply a tank.  What is holding the 150 psi if not a tank?  It could be a very small one integrated in the pump housing.

The pump could only over-pressure the cabin at depth if it were drawing air from some source other than the air within the cabin.  Drawing air in one end of the pump and out the other would not create any additional pressure within the cabin.

In order to overpressure at depth (to lessen the pressure differential at a given depth) you have to introduce more air (more molecules) into the cabin or heat the same amount of air.

Best regards,
Jim