Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Cliff's Hatch Closure Mechanism.

Honored to have been one of the choo-choos!
Phil
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Cliff's Hatch Closure Mechanism.

Cliff,

My apologies.  I meant to address that to you.  I had two trains of thought going at the same time.

Jim

In a message dated 1/2/2011 9:27:56 A.M. Central Standard Time, JimToddPsub@aol.com writes:
Phil,

Exterior emergency access is one reason this seems to be advisable.  Also:
1.  The boat is in the water unoccupied and you want to keep waves and wake from splashing in.
2.  Towing it on a trailer down the highway in a rain storm.
3.  Keep insects from entering and setting up housekeeping while not in use.

Would there be a need to have an over-pressure release operable from the exterior also?  Do you prefer a pressure release that is manual or automatic or is it dual mode?

I've gone through a couple of different designs in my mind, but really wanted to see yours when I'm in the San Antonio area.  Thanks for mentioning the Deepworker 2000.  That's one more reason to make an educational pilgrimage to Vancouver.

Jim