To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Barometers

Peppers in his first years have allways something leaking. Oil, air, water.. Not to bad to get first this expierence. Helps you to go relax with the big problems later..

On Peppers the internnal volume is so small that the CO2 monitor gives alarm even if you have drunk a beer before the dive. On Peppers I use a standard barometer to make a predive "all is tight" check. Blow out with my lugs some air via the snorckel, close the snorckel valve, and check for about 3 minutes if the barometer stays at this lower air level. If yes - the sub is gas and water tight.
If not it depents on the rate the air presssure increase and on you nervs if you dive or not.
One expirence is that subs are normal only untight close to the surface..

We never use the barometer for o2 flow control. We have electronic gauges for CO2 and o2 monitoring. With alarm level noise. Very nice if you have high o2 and high co2 alarm at the same time. Sounds a little bit like a firefighting car..
vbr Carsten

"Alan James" <alanjames@xtra.co.nz> schrieb:
Carsten,
was that your experience with SGT Peppers?
I am also making a small sub & Having a small internal volume it would be more likely to have larger variations in pressure.
Alan

----- Original Message ----- From: <MerlinSub@t-online.de>