[PSUBS-MAILIST] Barometers

Hi,
I've just started looking at barometers.
The standard range for a barometer seems to be round 960 - 1060 milli bars.
This is a range of 1.47 psi. This seems small considering pressure changes
due to cold or hot conditions & fluctuations due to O2 consumption & response times of the life support
system to adjust for this. Can anyone comment on wether a standard barometer stays within it's scale,
or wether I'd be better off buying something electronic with a wider range.
Regards Alan