[PSUBS-MAILIST] Brushless motors

Since one of the problems with compensated motors is the tendency of the brushes to float at higher RPM, this begs the question of why brushless motors are not commonly used instead to eliminate that issue?  Brushless also tend to generate less heat  as well as having other advantages.  Is the issue just the higher cost?  Less availability?  Complexity of controllers?

I don't know If Minnkota produces brushless units or not, but I can contact them.  What about the manufacturers of bow thrusters?
Weigh in with what you know.

Thanks,
Jim