RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Design depth

I'm just getting started in this arena, but I came across a nice program called "Under Pressure" for examing pressure hulls.  As a newbie it is interesting to see how various shapes and materials respond under pressure.  My first project is going to be an unmanned vehicle to photograph the shipwrecks in the great lakes.  I assumed PVC would be sufficient for this and was shocked to see in Under Pressure that it would fail at a mere 25 ft (based on the schedule I had planned to use).  I'm not putting life at risk yet, but this saved me some $$ replacing electonics and really opened my eyes to realize that I need to KNOW what will and will not work.

Is Under Pressure a commonly used program?  I downloaded it from www.deepsea.com in the resources section.

Dan