To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Design depth

Alan,

For design and fabrication we've adopted the ABS rules by default, unless we specifically vote to recommend something else. So technically right now our "policy" would be that your safety margin needs to meet or exceed ABS requirements (1.25x design depth). If you want to codify them in our own regulations, or suggest increasing the margin, go to http://www.psubs.org/guidelines/PSUBS/ and click on the "Submit Proposal" link. Fill out the template and send it to me, then I can forward to the group for a vote. If you are satisfied with the ABS requirements, there's no need to do anything.

Jon

We are voting at the moment on adopting the 100 % rule for calculating hull reinforcement, but the strength of the hull is only important relative to your operating
depth & it doesn't seem we have a standard on this relationship.

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53
Weare, NH  03281