Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Design depth

Jon,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we're talking about two different things, one of which I did not reference.  I was referring to sea tests of a manned vessel when I referred to the US navy standard of 2/3 of design depth.

I think you were referring to the hull pressure test (unmanned) which often is conducted in a pressure chamber.  It's been a couple of months since I've reviewed that and I'm now a bit fuzzy on it.  At that time I was able to locate several facilities with the capability to test my hull including measuring compression.  I also took a cursory look at the effect of temperature on the hull.

Thanks for the correction.

Jim