Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Getting Started

Hi, David,

Welcome!  The premier book on the subject is Manned Submersibles by R. Frank Busby.  It's out of print and an original copy is not easy to find.  There are reprints on Amazon, but they have numerous typos and don't have the photos, drawings, or charts.  The original is available on CD at PSubs.org, and an online version is hosted on the site as well.

I'd strongly suggest joining PSubs and posting a profile in the members section.  Send a general email and tell us a bit about yourself, your background, where you live, etc.  Someone might have a project going near you.  You'll learn a tremendous amount from other members as I certainly have.

Best regards,
Jim Todd