Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 10:52:55 -0500
From: jonw@psubs.org
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] passive sonar

Are elevation changes necessary?  Does isolating direction in the manner you have achieved it change the forward beam of the receiving piezo?

Jon

On 12/1/2010 3:15 AM, David Bartsch wrote:
To all:

   The work following this first in-water testing of this directional binaural sonar will entail the installation of proper shielding of the signal wiring to avoid unwanted radio reception and better grounding techniques. Also the use of teflon washers should reduce interference when the array is being trained around.
   The next generation "T" array should have the ability not only to search horizontally but be able to change elevation both up and down as well. This I feel will come in handy should the contact be a submarine that goes deeper or when mounted on a submarine and looking more upwards in it's sonar search.

David Bartsch