RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] passive sonar

Jens,

  Yes, with a separate control arm that can be secured in several positions. The arm upon which the hydrophones will be mounted will pivot with this separate control arm shaft determining the angle. The use of teflon sheaves and washers to reduce friction and hence noise will be utilized.
  I did not mention this in the earlier report but I was pleased that my two boys went exploring in the woods during this testing session as any vibration to the pier was deafening. I had to stay very still.

David Bartsch