Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New Sub!

In a message dated 11/20/2010 4:51:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, submadman@gmail.com writes:
Nautical Expedition 4473
Here's a direct link. Another site quoted about $45 plus shipping. ( most are in pounds )
Something like this can be very useful in designing a psub. Maybe possible to build your own water proof scale size thrusters and locate them in different areas of the boat to see how performance and handling works out. I know I had good results from my models and was able to learn a lot. ( Mostly what WASN'T going to work)
 It would have been nice to have working thrusters on those early models.
Instead,  I attached the various models to a fixed wire and had the models submerged in a water current, ( my friends lap pool ) and then used different methods to measure some of the characteristics observed like stability and drag. It was lots of fun as well as educational.
Frank D.