RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] ASME PVHO

Is the ASME PVHO available on the psubs web site?

Brian
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Sean T. Stevenson
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 7:29 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] ASME PVHO

I sent an email off to the ASME staff contact for PVHO, just to confirm that this is not a typo.  Stay tuned...

-Sean

On 31/10/2010 8:06 PM, Hugh Fulton wrote:

Hi Sean,

I am having problems with doing Q.A. on my shell for out of roundness.  This is an area which is fairly important to measure.

I have applied the 1% rule as a general tolerance but trying to comply and understand the PVHO caclcs.

ASME PVHO-1-2007 has a section:-

1-7.13.3 (e) (2)  Formula for c

c= 2.28(R/t)^0.54  cannot get under the required 2.8 with any normal measurements of a vessel .

Do you have any experience with this.

My diameter is 48? and the shell thickness 5/16?  L is 15.75?

Have you done any calcs on this area.

Do/t for my purpose is 162 which falls within normal dimensions and under UG80.1 gives sensible answers.

Regards,

Hugh