Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub as panoramic film platform

I'll see what I can work out with Polycast.  The problem is always going to be finding "a bunch of guys" who are ready to invest in the material at the same time as anyone else.  You might recall that Kittredge provided (8) eight-inch viewports for sale on PSUBS a few years ago, and it took about 3 years before they finally all sold.  That was much longer than I ever thought it would take to sell them.  So your chances of finding someone ready to purchase acrylic at the same time you are ready, may not be as high as we would like to think.

The cost for a sheet is not cheap.  Eplastics is showing $2,584 for 1.5x48x96 sheet, however without specifications I don't know if that particular material is PVHO rated and would assume it wasn't.  Depending upon the cost, PSUBS may be able to absorb the investment in PVHO approved material and holding it.  Segments could then be "ordered" via the website.  Perhaps members get it at cost and non-members pay some higher amount.  We'll can talk about this further on the member forum depending upon what I get out of Polycast.

Jon