Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] linear actuators

Hi Alan. I've been gone for a bit so sorry for the late reply.
Anyway, are you sure you need to compensate the actuators ?
The Lenco ones at 4-1/2 inch stroke will push 750 pounds. Enough to overcome the water pressure resistance when they extend. If the bellows is sturdy and flexible enough it should be possible to seal the whole thing up without compensating it.
The cheesey actuators I purchased from Firgelli are totally unsuited for my needs but the Lenco's sound like a real possibility if they can be completely sealed. As for the speed, the geometry of the linkage or rack-and-pinion will determine that.
Frank D.